The great thing about the console release of Assetto Corsa Competizione is that there were no compromises made on the physics front by Kunos. This means that our CDA setups are completely transferable with no adjustments required to be made from the traditional PC Version.
Although it is impossible to download the files directly into your console due to limitations by both the consoles and ACC’s functionality, it is still completely possible to download our setups and use them in game. The main aim of this post is to give our customers a quick guide as to how you can do that and take advantage of our products.
Step 1 – Purchase and download bundle
- Purchase your preferred Coach Dave Academy bundle on the website.
- Download the bundle onto your PC/Laptop so you have access to your setup json files.
Step 2 – Go to setup comparison page on Simsource
- Open up the website: Simsource and you will be greeted with the setup comparison page.
- It is important to leave the tool on “Display Values” on the top left hand side of the page underneath the file location tab.
Step 3 – Load Setup
- Locate the Academy setup json files on your computer and load your preferred circuit onto the simsource tool. The Simsource tool can facilitate two setups being loaded at once so you can load the Qualifying setup on one side and the Race setup on the other.
- You will now see both setup values listed on the screen in the structure you would see in the game.
Step 4 – Boot up Assetto Corsa Competizione
- Boot up Assetto Corsa Competizione on your console and load a session with the circuit you have selected above on Simsource.
- You are now free to go through each setup tab on your console and copy the values across from the Simsource website.
- Work through one setup first for that circuit (for example the qualifying setup). Save that first setup onto your console and repeat for the second to create your two separate setup files for that circuit.
Step 5 – Repeat steps 1-4 for each circuit
- Repeat Steps 1-4 for each circuit you want to use Coach Dave Academy setups on.
- Enjoy driving in ACC with your new setups.
Setups in ACC
Due to the complex physics engine, setups are very important to gain those last few tenths in Assetto Corsa Competizione. Whether you are struggling with oversteer or understeer, there is always something in the setup menu you can change to alter the cars behaviour to suit your individual needs more.
We will be working hard on bringing you more guides over the coming weeks to both identify and solve common car behaviour issues with setup changes. In addition to that, if you are a PS4 or Xbox user and are struggling to adapt to wet track conditions, you can find our already released wet setup guide right here.